Monday, January 25, 2016

Shockingly cold Taiwan

The entrance to Hotel Double One
The temperature in Taiwan the day we arrived, was ridiculous. Taiwan never gets cold, ever. Except it just did. They even had some snow!!

View from the bed. We have a lovely balcony. Just too cold to use it!
When we finally got to our room, I immediately started the hot springs bath. Cold water came out. Cold! It started to warm up some, but disappointingly it only got to 103 Fahrenheit (we brought our insta read thermometer). Once the tub filled, it was a disgraceful 98 degrees. I was crushed. What I was looking forward to the most, just didn't happen. We crawled into bed, and passed out. Completely forgoing dinner. We were just too tired, and I was too upset.

Since it's Taiwan, and it never gets cold, we also don't have heat in our room. There is a heating pad on the bed, so that at least was comfortable, but the room itself is 54 degrees.

My nose is frozen. 

We woke up at 7am, after sleeping around 12 hours, and headed down to eat the complimentary breakfast.
view as we walked down to breakfast
Little Bear approved of Taiwan's breakfast buffet over Americas. 
View from our table
It was a relaxing meal, and we had an unexpected visitor come say hello.


We headed back up to the room, and gave the bath another shot. I found a few switches I hadn't noticed the night before, and it seemed to make the water a bit warmer. I was so relieved. It wasn't hot springs, as I know it should be, but it was at least warm and we were able to enjoy and relax.



No comments:

Post a Comment