Friday, January 1, 2016

It's a new year, and a new start to our adventures...

2016...it's very odd typing that. Time goes by so quickly as you age, passing unnoticed until the holidays are once again upon us. This year I want to actually document my adventures with my Kitsune (my husband :3) and Little Bear.

Little Bear on Chung Chou Island, Hong Kong


Little Bear is a very special little bear. He is a stuffed Yomiko Classic Grizzly that my husband bought me long ago. He was the very first bear that grew into a rather obsessive collection of Yomiko Classic bears and other assortment of cute stuffed bears I have found over the years. Having the distinction of being the progenitor of my obsession, Little Bear is extremely important to us, and goes everywhere we do.

....Yes, I am a 33 year old married women. I sleep with stuffed animals, and I have a massive collection of plushies. I freely admit to this and shamelessly carry around Little Bear in my purse and photograph him like foodies do their meals.

Bear and Little Bear on the Ngong Ping 360 going to see the Buddha 



My husband is my mischievous Kitsune, and I am his steadfast Bear, and we tend to do everything together. This year is promising to be quite busy with travel the first few months, a tiring yet exciting prospect. Our little Bear and Fox family is off to Asia once again to visit friends and see the sites (translate eat all the foods!!!!) in Taiwan, before jetting to Hong Kong to visit family for Chinese New Year. Shortly after that we are off to San Francisco (a place I have only been to briefly once before) so I am excited to roam around with Little Bear and see what we can find.

Kitsune and Little Bear at School Food in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong


I expect to take lots of pictures and post my favorites up here so that I can remember and look back fondly on these memories we will be creating. I also expect to use this blog as a place to simply ramble, to express thoughts and feelings, struggles and disappointments. A creative outlet, hopefully with short stories to help me expand and cultivate my creative writing, as well as my triumphs and failures with my multitude of other crafty things I enjoy to putter around with.

Here is to a hopeful year, full of positive outlooks and cherry dispositions. Lets make 2016 a fabulous year!!!

1 comment: