Friday, February 19, 2016

Wanderings of a Bear in San Francisco Bay



Little Bear chilling while we wait for the BART at the airport. My first time riding public transit other than MARTA in the States.

It was terrifying.

The States public transit is so very inferior to Asia's. I did not enjoy the rocking, the noise, the shaking, all of it. I'm sure it is quite safe, and I am just a wuss, but still. I think I would just allot the time needed to walk anywhere I need to go, if possible.


The view from our hotel room. Really cool! I love the lights they added to the bridge.

While Kitsune attended the con, I explored the city. Each day I picked a direction, and paying attention to street signs, I walked. There are SO MANY coffee places in San Francisco! It's kinda of ridiculous. The Starbucks are like 7-11's in Asia. They are everywhere. Almost in sight of one another in some cases. Ridiculous.


While finding my way back to the hotel from the convention (I rode the shuttle with Kistune, but was not allowed inside at all. So, I ended up walking back) I stopped to eat at a pizza place. Their Mocha was really tasty. Little Bear and I chilled and read while I ate.


The Caprese sandwich was alright, really messy. I kind of wished I had just ordered a slice of pizza.


I stopped and sat outside Peets Coffee on Howard and 1st Street for awhile after lunch, then eventually made my way back to the Hotel. Was rather proud of myself for being able to navigate back without any GPS.



The next day, I picked a different direction to wander, and started to climb uphill into the city. Apparently I look like a local, I was asked for directions several times :P I could only laugh and say I have no idea where I am, let alone where you need to go. Ironically, I ended up in China Town. Made me miss Hong Kong, such a pale comparison.

I continued on horizontally from there, and then went down back toward the coast.
Pier 14 was windy but the day was warm from the sun. Little Bear and I chilled and read while sitting on one of the swivel seats along the edge. Spent about an hour just relaxing. Surprisingly it was rather quiet out on the Pier.


Kitsune and I went to dinner at Tadich Grill, and tried their Cioppino dish and clam chowder. Kitsune chose this place as I wasn't very hungry (I don't like shellfish). I shared the chowder with him so as not to be rude (we were sitting at the bar) and didn't want to take up a seat and not eat. My main complaint about clam chowder is how gritty it is. Every time I eat it I'm always crunching sand and I find it repulsive. Unfortunately, their chowder was extra gritty. Even Kitsune agreed that he wished it was less. Ugh. The Cioppino was tasty (according to Kitsune) I just dipped some bread into the sauce and ate that. The sauce was good, I can say that much.

Tonight we get to meet up with Kitsune's Aunt Diana for dinner. It will be lovely to spend some time with her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment