Monday, April 4, 2016

Life after travels...

It's hard to get back into writing a blog about day to day life and thoughts, when day to day life and thoughts are rather dull compared to what they are when you are abroad. I always had so much to write about in Asia; constant new experiences and things to discover.

Life at home is just...boring.

The biggest thing I miss most about Asia is how easy it is to walk. I feel so sedentary being back at home. There is no, lets go out and wander. It's always, lets drive to this specific place and walk with a bunch of other people on a trail. Or, we have to walk the dog, go around the subdivision. There is nothing to see, nothing to explore right outside your door.

Exercise was effortless in Hong Kong especially. You never felt like "I have to go workout now". Everyday was a workout. Climbing up the stairs to ascend deeper into Hong Kong Island, walking to and from the Star Ferry...sure your feet would hurt, your legs would get tired...but you never felt like you were "exercising." You were just living.

It's kind of depressing. No wonder America is the fat nation.

Here...any type of movement is planned. I need to do cardio, lets drive somewhere that is walk-able. I need to climb stairs, lets go to the gym and use a machine. It's really sad. Ah well...enough complaining. It is what it is and we just have to deal with it.

True, Georgia Spring is definitely not helping with my wanting to be active. The pollen is especially brutal this year, or I'm just particularly weak to it. Kitsune actually had to buy me a mask that filters out the pollen/smoke/pollution so that I can just walk outside. The only color it came in was black...I look like a gangster going to rob someone. I stuck 2 glitter owl stickers on it to make it less threatening.

Wearing it is not comfortable, especially when out in the heat, but it's the only way I can breath this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment