Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Beitou, Year of the Dog, Daily pics :D

We have been in Asia for only 5 days, yet my heart is full to bursting with contentedness. I am relaxed, soothed, happy, excited, calm. I feel all sorts of things and am so happy to just sit and breathe. Even though the weather has been dreary and damp, it has just added a new dimension to our previous experiences.

Selfie in front of the large window in our room overlooking the park Feb 6 (Taken Feb 5 2018)
Traveling, just the two of us, is like a dream. Without feeling the need to be on the go, and experience everything, our travels so far have been relaxed and at ease.

We splurged a bit on hotels this go around, and I am so happy we did. They have been a major highlight and comfort during our time here.

Display on the 6th Floor Feb 7 (Taken Feb 5 2018)
Our trip to Beitou has ranked itself the best one ever because of Radium Kagaya. The whole experience was self contained (we never left the hotel the 2 days we were there) and I don't regret a minute of it.


The staff were amazing. The room was amazing. The view from our room was amazing. The amenities provided were amazing. I enjoyed the tea cakes given to us, and the free drinks provided in the mini fridge. We boiled water in the electric kettle and drank tea in cute cups.


Going to breakfast the first day wearing the yukata, socks and tatami slippers provided was daunting, I was very much outside my comfort zone. Proud of myself for going through with it. I loved the comfort of the yukata and the geta socks so much I basically lived in them throughout our stay there.


Having the onsen in our private room was fabulous as always. I loved the deep tub and slanted windows that we could open to let in cool air. We bathed often, slept well (if slightly sore in the morning, not used to the hard beds yet!) and were able to thoroughly decompress from our travels.

Our room overlooked the Beitou Library
To make things EVEN better...it's Year of the Dog! Not only am I a Dog, but I love dogs :D Which is wonderful because all the decorations this year will be of adorable dogs <3






Even our room had a tiny little Pupper hanging from it. This year has totally rocked it so far <3


No comments:

Post a Comment